Jebel Sirwa / Djbel Siroua Trek
Live an unforgettable adventure in Jebel Sirwa
How to get there, what to do, where to stay, and what to experience in The Mount Sirwa
The mount Sirwa, also known as Adrar Siroua, is an isolated volcanic peak in the Anti-Atlas mountain range, rises 3,304 metres (10,840 ft) above sea level. Jebel Sirwa is located in the south of Toubkal Mount. It offers extraordinary natural views; dramatic gorges and cliff village. The Mount Sirwa is totally different form its counterparts Toubkale, M’goun , and Ouanougrim, it is formed in colorful foothills, green valleys, and mineral mountains. Needless to say that it is easy to reach even for inexperienced walkers.
While traveling to Jebel Swira, the start point is Marrakesh, you will trek through the following areas: The village of Tamalakout (1650m from Marrakesh), The village of Aït Tigga (2000m from Tamalakout), M'dist (2300m from Aït Tigga), then Jbel Sirwa Summit (3305m from M’dist).
Along the way, you will experience the beauty of the wilderness and breathe clean air of the green valley, as well as meet the friendly Berber villagers. Mount Sirwa tour is perfect at any time around the year. For your accommodation, it will be Gites, Mountain hut, Berber homes & Bivouac.
Travel Type: Sirwa tour, Hiking & Trekking in Jebel Siroua, snow-capped Atlas Mountains, outdoor activities, Sirwa Adventure, Mountain Hikes, Winter Walks, Hiking in the Anti-Atlas Mountains, Mount Sirwa Ascent, Anti Atlas tour, Nature & Adventure tours, Summit Siroua, Sirwa Circuit, Sirwa mountain, Mount Sirwa Ascent Trek.
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT (what to bring)
- Good trekking boots and wool & cotton socks
- Comfy shoes or sandals to wear and relax inside accommodation
- Down jacket & long sleeved shirt
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers & rain-pants
- TLong underwear
- Down sleeping bag
- Medical first aid kit (flu remedies, wet wipes, stomach remedies)
- Personal medical insurance including repatriation
- Sun hat
- Sunblock for lips
- Lightweight daypack
- Water bottle or camelback (bring a filtering water bottle)
- Towel and toiletries
- Flash light
- Camera with extra battery
Accommodation during the trek
Gite, camp, tent, or guesthouse.
Easy. However, Sirwa Trek is recommended only for fit and healthy people, who are young to early middle aged.
Catering during the trek (Foods)
Foods are commonly prepared by Berbers in the camp, tent, or guesthouse. They are fresh and healthy. The most popular Berber foods are: Soup ( traditional Harirra), couscous, classic Morooccan Tajine, nuts, fruit, olives, rice or pasta, bread, cookies, fruit, juice, butter, coffee, milk, lentils, beans, fish, Berber tea ( Mint tea).
Sirwa Tour Information
- Jebel Sirwa Tour requires 8 days at least (Start and finish point is Mrrakesh)
- The minimum of 2 people is required for Sirwa adventure.
- Climbing Jebel Sirwa (or Mount Siroua) is easy and possible even for the first time climbers (or the beginners).
- Although they are highly known for their warm hospitality, Berbers are so conservative. Thus, dress in modest way.
- Sirwa Trip is not recommended for young kids who are less than 12 years old.
- Note: during the religious festivals, Eid Al Adha and Ramadan, almost all the restaurants, accommodations and shops will be closed and this may negatively affect your tour experience. Hence, take into consideration that the time period of Ramadan, in 2019, is from 15th of May until the 14th of June, and the Eid Al Adha is from 21st until the 25th of Augus.
- Round trip transport from your accommodation in Marrakech by minibus or 4×4.
- professional and accredited guide ( local guide who authentically knows the area)
- mule driver to carry your luggage
- Foods (every meal: breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
- All the accommodation equipment (tents & mattresses)
- Detailed tour information pack
- Airport and flight transfers
- Travel insurance
- Personal materials such as phone calls, extra transfers, tips, etc
- Soft drinks & Alcohol
- sightseeing entrance fees